Our green initiatives touch all aspects of our hospitality line—from engineering to packaging. Our earth-friendly practices include the following commitments:
- All of our products meet RoHS regulations, which restrict the use of mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, cadmium and a range of flame retardants.
- VTech is a participating member of the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation (RBRC), a nonprofit public service organization dedicated to preserving our environment by preventing rechargeable batteries from entering the solid waste stream.
- VTech phones are packaged using 100% recyclable materials and a reduced amount of plastic.
- In our offices and factories, we have reduced our use of paper and recycling materials.
- We aim to use fewer components, which reduces our cost of materials, waste and impact on the environment. At the same time, consumers benefit directly from significant cost savings.
- Our cordless phones are ENERGY STAR® qualified—one more sign that we’re doing everything to promote energy efficiency.