Except for certain areas of our Sites that are limited to our retail dealers and distributors or the Service, you need not "sign-in" or register to browse our Sites. However, some information, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, may be collected as part of your browsing activities by cookies or similar technology, as described in Section 3, below.
In fulfilling any inquiry or transaction ordered by you, we may employ affiliates or third party companies to perform functions on our behalf. These functions may include order fulfillment, package delivery, postal and email delivery, customer service, data collection, storage, data analysis, and credit processing. We may also employ affiliates or third party companies to perform marketing on our behalf, such as sending you information about products or services we think you may be interested in. The third parties we contract for these purposes have limited access to your PI to perform these functions on our behalf and may not use it for other purposes.
Registration Data: We also provide customers with the opportunity to register their VTech products and give us additional information about themselves, including information about recent purchases and certain demographic data. We refer to this as "Registration Data." Providing Registration Data is optional, and we do not require that you give us this information to complete a purchase, receive warranty services or browse our Sites.
If you choose to provide Registration Data, we may use it, alone or in conjunction with other information, to identify other products or services that we think you may be interested in purchasing and to send you information about those other products or services.
If you do not wish to receive these marketing messages from us, you can so indicate by filling the “opt-out” box located on the Contact Us page.
If you did not opt-out, you may receive from us periodic marketing emails regarding products or services that we think may be of interest to you. You may also opt-out of receiving these marketing emails by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email received. It may take us up to 10 days to complete this process, as permitted by law. If you opt-out, you will still continue to receive non-marketing emails from VTech related to your use of the VTech sites and services.
Account Data: If you activate the Services, as part of your account creation for the Web Apps or Mobile Apps, we will ask you to provide certain PI, including your name, physical address, email address, and telephone number (“Account Data”). VTech does not itself collect or obtain your credit card information. To complete the payment or purchase process (for example, for cloud recording subscriptions), you will be directed to a third party payment site, such as Paypal. For more information on Paypal’s privacy practices, please see their privacy policies, available at www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
Usage Data: Our Services are designed to allow you to connect certain compatible devices (for example, our monitors and sensors) to the Services. Once the Services are enabled, your use of the Services with a connected device will automatically report certain Usage Data to our servers. This information is collected automatically when you interact with our Services. Such Usage Data may include configuration, technical, and/or set-up information about the connected device; information about the user, including wireless network and/or Bluetooth information; mobile device information; temperature sensors, flood sensors, motion sensors, or other environmental data; Internet Protocol (IP) address; cookie information; and information about the device’s operating system and type of browser. The exact type of information collected from each product will vary depending on the product type.
If video and audio recording devices are used as part of the Services, your use of the Services may also generate additional Usage Data, such as audio and/or video streaming and recording, other audio and/or video content, and images and/or snapshots. This video, audio, and image content will be transmitted to, and stored on, the servers of VTech or its service providers. The content may also be stored, processed and analyzed by VTech to provide the Services, including to provide certain notifications to the user, such as sound or motion detection alerts, or if the account is accessed by an unfamiliar mobile device.
Moreover, you can enable certain storage and retrieval functions as part of the Services. You may also choose to not enable these functions. If these storage and retrieval functions are enabled, VTech will store your Usage Data to allow access by you to this information, through your account and through the Web Apps and Mobile App
Customization Information: Your use of the Services will also generate a third type of data (“Customization Information”) that will be used to customize your user experience, and may include information such as patterns of your use of the services.
- to provide you with a convenient, personalized experience on the Web site and Services;
- to provide services and products requested by you;
- to enable staff, vendors and contractors to provide and assist in the support of such services and products to you;
- to register you for warranties on parts and equipment sold or rented to you;
- to generate statistical information and demographics about our Services;
- to make improvements to interface, performance and service quality for the Services.
- to market products, updates, special offers and services to you that we believe may be of interest;
- to run promotions and special activities that enhance the Service experience.
If you do not wish to receive these marketing messages from us, you may “opt-out” of receiving these marketing emails by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email received. It may take us up to 10 days to complete this process, as permitted by law.
If you do not “opt out” by using the method described above, you are consenting to receiving marketing emails from us. If you do “opt out,” we will not send you marketing messages.
If you opt-out, you will still continue to receive non-marketing emails from VTech related to your use of the VTech sites and services.
We do not share any of the information collected from you in relation to our Services with third parties for their independent marketing or promotional purposes.
Other instances of when VTech may share your information are described below in Section 6.
VTech also protects your personal information by requiring users of our Sites and Services to verify their identities with unique login information before they can access or edit their account information or settings. If you select and establish an account with us in connection with your use of Sites or Services, you are responsible for keeping that login information confidential. Do not share your login information with anyone else.
Some of the pages on our Sites and Services use "cookies" to help us better service visitors to our Sites and users of our Services. Cookies are brief text files transmitted by a website to the hard drive of your computer when you click on a page. Should you return to the page at a later time, your computer will transmit the text message back to the website server to permit the server to recall previous visits to our Sites or Services or to keep track of a transaction in progress. You may set your browser to reject cookies by changing the settings on your browser. Doing this, however, could diminish your use of our Sites or Services by preventing the use of certain features including the purchasing process. Cookies are not linked to Registration Data.
Do Not Track Signals: Our systems do not currently recognize or respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Web Site Data Collection: To the best of our knowledge, third parties may not, without contractual obligations with us, collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Sites and Services.
Our Sites and Services may contain links to other third-party websites. If you choose to visit these other sites from our Sites or Services, VTech is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other sites. The third-party promotions or advertisements displayed on our Sites or Services may also contain cookies. We do not have access to or control over information collected by outside advertisers on our Sites or Services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these third parties to learn about their privacy practices.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. All of our products (including products intended to be used by children) are intended to be purchased by adults. If you are under 18 years old and you want to buy something on our website, you must have an adult buy it for you. We have not designed our website to encourage transactions with, or to obtain information from, children. VTech respects the sensitive nature of children's privacy online. Therefore, if we learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will promptly delete any information collected from that user, and if we learn that a user under 18 years old made a purchase through our Sites without adult involvement, the order will not be processed.
California Consumer Privacy Act. The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) provides California residents with certain rights regarding their personal information that is collected by businesses, including the right to request that a business disclose what personal information it has collected about them, the right to request the deletion of personal information collected from them, the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information (if the business sells personal information), and the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of their privacy rights under the CCPA. These rights only apply to California residents. Any terms defined in the CCPA (Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.140) have the same meaning when used in this section.
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with which we share personal information;
- The categories of personal information about you that we have sold and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold;
- The categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was disclosed;
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
You may request the disclosure of the information listed above by calling our toll-free number at 1 866 277 9032 or submitting a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such a request may be referred to as a right to know request. In the request, please specify whether you are seeking information about categories of personal information and/or specific pieces of personal information. Pursuant to California law, we will verify your identity before complying with any such request. We will require you to provide personal information in order to verify your identity, such as your name, email address, and telephone number. For requests to know specific pieces of information that we have collected, we may also ask for information about a product you purchased, and we may ask you to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
You also have the right to be informed, at or before the point of collection, as to the categories of personal information to be collected and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used. VTech will not collect additional categories of personal information or use personal information collected for additional purposes without providing you with notice consistent with this section.
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected from you, and that we direct any service provider to delete such personal information from its records. Such a request may be referred to as a request to delete. However, pursuant to the CCPA, your information may not be deleted under certain circumstances, including where maintenance of your personal information is necessary to: complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, to provide a good or service that you requested or that is reasonably anticipated within the context of your ongoing business relationship with us, or to otherwise perform a contract between us and you; to detect security incidents, protect against or prosecute fraudulent or illegal activity; to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us; to comply with a legal obligation; or to otherwise use your information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information. For more information about these and other situations in which we may not delete your information, please see Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.105(d).
You may request the deletion of such person information by calling our toll free number at 1 866 277 9032 or submitting a request at email@example.com. In the request, please specify that you are requesting the deletion of personal information. Before deleting such personal information, we will verify your identity, as required by the CCPA. We will require you to provide personal information in order to verify your identity, such as your name, email address, and telephone number.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a right to know request or a request to delete. To use an authorized agent, you must provide the agent with signed permission. In addition, you may be required to verify your own identity with us and confirm you provided the agent with permission to submit the request. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf. Such requirements, however, will not apply where you have provided the agent with power of attorney pursuant to Cal. Prob. Code Sections 4000 to 4465.
California residents have the right to know whether a business sells personal information. If a business sells personal information, California residents have the right to “opt-out” of such sales by directing the business not to sell their personal information. VTech does not sell personal information, and has not sold personal information in the preceding 12 months. We also do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information about California residents:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers. This category includes information such as real names, IP addresses, online identifiers, email addresses, postal addresses, and account names.
- Categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80. This category includes information such as names, telephone numbers, addresses, and credit card information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law. This category includes people’s gender, and age range.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. This category includes products purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. This category includes video recording interaction such as downloads, streams, and playback details, and analytic cookies and browsing histories.
- Geolocation data. This category includes location cookies and IP addresses;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. This category includes image, video and audio files.
We collect this personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Customer service and call center.
- Our affiliates.
- Cookies and tracking technology.
We collect this information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Provide the services.
- Marketing and advertising.
- To communicate with you and provide customer service.
- To improve the services and products.
- To personalize your experience.
- To complete a purchase.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information about California residents, and we have disclosed this information to the following third parties.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Information in this category was disclosed to payment processors, marketing agency, customer service and call centers, logistic services providers, data analysis providers, and our affiliates.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Information in this category was disclosed to payment processors and our affiliates.
- Geolocation data. Information in this category was disclosed to payment processors, data analytics providers, and our affiliates.
California Shine the Light Law. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purpose. To make such a request please email us by using the " Contact Us " web page located in the Support Link on our website.
If we make material changes, we will notify you by e-mail if you have registered an account with us prior to the changes becoming effective, as well as inform you of any choices you may have with respect to these changes.